Saturday, April 4, 2015

TISSOT TIME

How could travel to, within, and from a country be so comfortable?  Sad to be leaving Confederation Helvetica / CH / Switzerland, but it sure is seamless.  From the acclaimed efficiency of the rail system, to the ease of navigating the Zurich airport, to the friendly, helpful nature of airport terminal staff (sorry - flughafen), to the ease with which we sailed through security... what a pleasure.  The only negative is that we are leaving.

I want to move on - but before I do - I must share that I am on the plane leaving, with my iPad on my lap capturing these words - and I look at the clock and it reads 2:18.  We are moving on the runway, picking up speed toward our takeoff spot, on a plane scheduled to depart at 2:20 (14:20).  How fitting that our departure perfectly aligns with the swiss reputation of timeliness and efficiency.  What a cool country!

Our Zermatt ski guide Andreas would probably smile at this observation - and say to himself "then why-y did you show up late to ski each morning??  You know you're in Switzerland, you know we're on time, then (all the kids on the trip can fill in this blank) were you thinking???"

Maybe if I got this watch - which I obsessed about all week thanks to great advertising (since when have I cared about a watch?) - I would have been able to coordinate the timing of our group better.




No comments:

Post a Comment